cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I Downgrade FMCv300 to FMCv2/10/25

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating FMC from FMC2500 hardware to virtual, based on the migration path, i must use FMCv300, but it requires 64GB RAM

what i am thinking is can I after migrate to v300, then i downgrade the RAM to 32GB since i not managing 300 sensor

is that possible?

Cisco Secure Firewall Management Center Model Migration Guide - About Secure Firewall Management Center Model Migration [Cisco Secure Firewall Management Center] - Cisco

Cisco Secure Firewall Management Center (formerly Firepower Management Center) Data Sheet - Cisco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build the new FMC using the proper sizing for the FMCv license you own. That includes the proper compute, memory and disk resources. Then temporarily change the model using configure-model-sh (run as root user). Use the migration tool to completion and then change the model back to the original correct version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Pulkit Mittal
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see any problem with that, however, recommended is 64 GB. I suggest only downgrade post migration to be on the safer side and don't forget to take a backup.

Please mark this helpful if you are happy with the response, and accept the solution.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build the new FMC using the proper sizing for the FMCv license you own. That includes the proper compute, memory and disk resources. Then temporarily change the model using configure-model-sh (run as root user). Use the migration tool to completion and then change the model back to the original correct version.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Freemen 

You can use this script as root from the FMC expert cli:

/var/sf/etc/model-info/configure-model.sh

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card