Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD 1120T Running FTD, Managed by FDM, missing Base License

Agung1007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Teams,

Greetings,

Currently I Have Customer that using Firepower 1120T, with Running FTD OS V6.4 managed By FDM,

unfortunately the device is Unable to do the configuration, because when I try change configuration (for example) change DNS IP address for the device, when I try to Deploy, the device is Unable deploy due "Base License" missing.

The status of smart license of the Device is Unregistered (from 2020 until now).

From what I understand and read documentations, Isn't the Base License is Perpetual / Not Term-Based ?

Why is it Missing the Base License?

Additionally,

Recently, the customer already purchased the TMC license for this device, but it's not yet connected to Smart Licensw for the TMC, does it need the Base License to connect the Smart License? and will it solved for the missing Base License when connect to Smart License?

Thanks

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show License to look what you have now.

yes if you get smart token and add you able to resolve the issue.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/660/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-660/fptd-fdm-license.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show License to look what you have now.

yes if you get smart token and add you able to resolve the issue.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/660/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-660/fptd-fdm-license.html

BB

Hi Balaji,

thanks for the reply.

Currently i dont have capture from Show License,

but I attached capture when I try to Deploy the configuration

IMG_20220307_170704.jpg

So,

From your advice, the issue will be solved when i add the smart token on the device?

Do the device need to resolve hostname tools.cisco.com?

Note :

- the device able to ping 8.8.8.8 & IP Address of cisco.com

- but when try to ping cisco.com, tools.cisco.com , google.com == invalid hostname

- try to change IP Address of DNS server but unable due missing base license

get the smart token and install it.

BB

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Applying a Smart licensing token will only fix it if the customer's Smart account has the base license.

The DNS server required for registration is the one used by the management interface. That is configured via the cli using "configure network... " commands. When you test the ping and name resolution, be sure to use "ping system" and not just "ping". The latter will use the data interfaces while registration generally uses the management interface

The FTD Base Features license is not present in the Smart Licensing portal until the device is registered. It is created dynamically. There was not even an orderable FTD Base license SKU for some years but now CCW adds an included item such as FPR3110-BSE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: