Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE v3 ISO running on VMware

M.Sultan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi guy's

I'm trying to run Cisco ISE.iso on VMware although I'm changing process number it doesn't work how to fix this issue my real Physical Process 4 cores and logical process 8.

what is the solution i need ISE to practice any solution ?

MSultan_0-1706356033254.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then I suggest downloading the OVA for Small and Medium installation and use that instead.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.55.42.png

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

is this for a lab or a production network?  It looks like you are trying to install a ISE medium deployment while your hardware will only support a ISE small deployment.  So you would either need to re-deploy the installation and correct the settings, use an OVA installation file instead that supports your hardware, or increase CPU on your host machine.

Refere to the Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation Guide for more information.

--

This for lab- i'm installing medium deployment there is no option for small deployment. Totally my host process 4 physical cores and 8 logical cores the medium size deployment requires 24 v process at least.

Then I suggest downloading the OVA for Small and Medium installation and use that instead.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 13.55.42.png

--

MSultan_0-1706363841643.png

I have downloaded the one you pointed- This is the warring message when i want to change the CPU cores- my real PC Processor 4 and 8 logical cores.

MSultan_1-1706363948887.png

it requires 16 cores i want to add to run but it pops up warring message

Are you deploying using Thin or Thick provisioning?  And which OVA did you download.  You might be better off downloading and installing the evaluation image.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 17.53.16.png

--

You don't select the size of deployment with an option or a dropdown menu, instead it is dictated by the amount of resources you assign to the VM. Also, the new VM licenses are no longer based on the size, they are now common licenses that you apply to the VMs of any size. Obv, you don't need any for a lab environment.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

get -  ISE-3.0.0.xxx-virtual-SNS3615-SNS3655-300.ova ( 4 process evolution should work for you ?)

is this VMWARE workstation you installing ISE on ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes installing on vmware

I use in my Lab -  Esxi as below my screenshot and ISE works as expected :

balajibandi_0-1706379823246.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card