Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Reservations on Firepower 1010

MP13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Firepower 1010 that we'd like to move DHCP to from a Windows Server as it's the last server we have left in our old domain now that everything is in Azure AD instead. 

In order to do this we need to add some DHCP reservations in for devices that are configured to use DHCP but have the same IP every time. There doesn't appear to be a way to do this in FDM and it seems like the commands in FlexConnect are also blocked.

Is there any way to do this or do I need to find a different device to act as the DHCP server? I think I could run it on a 2960-X that we have at the network core as well which would give me more DHCP control if it wasn't possible on the Firepower.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@MP13 unfortunately that is not possible using FDM, nor with using FlexConfig

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@MP13 unfortunately that is not possible using FDM, nor with using FlexConfig

Did you try 

dhcpd reserve-address

In flex config and not work?

If Yes then you can use 2960-X as dhcp serve.

MHM

Yes, unfortunately it's a blacklisted command so is not accepted.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In general you are better off when looking into DHCP appliances , and separating dhcp services from networking equipment  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

MP13
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for the clarification. We'll go with the 2960-X route.

>... We'll go with the 2960-X route.
 - The reasons why DHCP  appliances are better because vendors will offer 'dhcp clusters' with unnoticed failover if one dhcp member fails (e.g,). also resulting  better preserving of leases and other dhcp databases.
                     DHCP on switches can lead to race conditions w.r.t network servicing too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card