Views
Helpful
Replies

Embryonic Connections - SNMP

fabricio.monte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In the last days I had a problem with a lot of embryonic connections in some IPs and I want to control the number of embryonic connections.

I would like to see embryonic connections of some IP but I'd like to do this with SNMP and I´m looking for a MIB about this. I see de embryonic connections with the command "show local-host x.x.x.x" but I'd like to do this with a MIB in SNMP.

Best Regards,

Fabricio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabricio,

I believe the closest OID that might help is cufwConnGlobalNumEmbryonic from CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB. Unfortunately, this OID is not supported by the ASA at this time. You could discuss this with your Cisco rep and ask for an enhancement request to be filed if this is a business requirement for you. Otherwise, you would have to use a script that logs in via SSH/Telnet to check the output from the CLI.

Also, here is the full list of supported MIBs and OIDs for the ASA:

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asa/asa-supportlist.html

Hope that helps.

-Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabricio,

I believe the closest OID that might help is cufwConnGlobalNumEmbryonic from CISCO-UNIFIED-FIREWALL-MIB. Unfortunately, this OID is not supported by the ASA at this time. You could discuss this with your Cisco rep and ask for an enhancement request to be filed if this is a business requirement for you. Otherwise, you would have to use a script that logs in via SSH/Telnet to check the output from the CLI.

Also, here is the full list of supported MIBs and OIDs for the ASA:

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asa/asa-supportlist.html

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your response.

I was trying to to do this check by SNMP but acoording to you its not possible. I needed to check the embryonic connectons only to a few IPs.

Then I will do this check by scripts logging the output by CLI like Perl/Expect.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Fabricio

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card