Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center 6.0.1 upgrade from 6.0.0.1 missing

ilukeberry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Where is upgrade for Firepower Management Center 6.0.0.1 ?

I get only update for Sensor available.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That's the minimum version required. The release notes spell this out in more detail than the short note they put on the download page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/relnotes/firepower-system-release-notes-version-601.html#pgfId-378288

Also, when you perform an upgrade, the upgrade script itself will further validate that the prerequisites are satisfied.

View solution in original post

The FTD image on ASA (or on new FP 4100 and 9300 series appliances) currently only has a subset of the features available on standard ASA software.

Notable features currently missing are site-site VPN, Remote Access VPN, multi-context and clustering. That's not an exhaustive list - your Cisco partner SE can fill you in on more details if you're interested. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download the FirePOWER Management center upgrade file to local storage on your computer using this link:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286259687&flowid=54052&softwareid=286271056&release=6.0.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Then use the option in the FMC to upload it into your current FMC. The it will show up as available:

BUT it says:

Firepower Management Center 6.0.1 - Upgrade (Requires 6.0.0-1005, Provides 6.0.1-1213) 

I'm on 6.0.0.1 NOT 6.0.0-1005

That's the minimum version required. The release notes spell this out in more detail than the short note they put on the download page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/relnotes/firepower-system-release-notes-version-601.html#pgfId-378288

Also, when you perform an upgrade, the upgrade script itself will further validate that the prerequisites are satisfied.

ilukeberry
Level 1
Level 1

thank you for clarifying his... i'll upgrade our firepower asa now...

BTW did you maybe had a chance to check FTD image on ASA? and i wonder what parts of ASA OS includes? i've read somewhere it's just basic NAT, SPI firewall and thats all.. no anyconnect/VPN stuff...

The FTD image on ASA (or on new FP 4100 and 9300 series appliances) currently only has a subset of the features available on standard ASA software.

Notable features currently missing are site-site VPN, Remote Access VPN, multi-context and clustering. That's not an exhaustive list - your Cisco partner SE can fill you in on more details if you're interested. 

Okay i thought so... i'll be running ASA OS w/ FirePOWER as module as long as FTD OS doesn't have all the features from ASA OS implemented. VPN/AnyConnect are major components that i need.

Successful upgraded sensor & defense center from 6.0.0.1 to 6.0.1 on 5515-X running 9.4(2)11 ASA OS :D

I just got my FMC upgraded today.

Only one minor hitch at first that I was able to resolve with help from a friend in the TAC. (file integrity check causing FMC upgrade to fail at 8%)

Once that was cleared up, I pushed out upgrades to both FirePOWER module on an ASA 5506 as well as upgrading a 3D7125 appliance.

I also used ASDM to upgrade a stand alone ASA 5506's FirePOWER module. For good measure also brought it up to the just-released ASA 9.6(1) and ASDM 7.6(1).

All seems well so far.

Marvin: i'm staying on 9.4(2)11 for production on 5515-X. Mine upgrade went smooth.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card