Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC smart licence issue

faroukaboualam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community, 

I am currently facing an issue with a cisco FMC version 6.2.3, (its base license is expired) installed on a VMware Esxi for one of our clients, I can't seem to be able to register the token generated from Cisco Software Central to activate the smart license (Only the base license which is perpetual). The FMC has access direct to internet connection through a fortigate (all services are enabled on the policy and the connected interface) while on the terminal of the FMC, i have tried both the following commands to verify whether the cisco website is reachable and that the DNS configuration is fine: 
telnet tools.cisco.com 443
and
nslookup tools.cisco.com 
which both show that the website is indeed reachable, however, when checking the logs, i've found the following comment which could be the main problem:"no auto download is allowed".
the following screenshots will give you another glimpse of the situation:

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 15.58.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 15.38.39.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 15.52.29.jpeg

  I have tried contacting support but in vain, any Advices on how to fix this issue?
Thank you all in advance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC 6.2.3 must run 6.2.3.18 or later (or have the trusted certificate manually updated) in order to communicate with Smart Licensing servers per this field notice:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/721/fn72103.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC 6.2.3 must run 6.2.3.18 or later (or have the trusted certificate manually updated) in order to communicate with Smart Licensing servers per this field notice:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/721/fn72103.html

Hello Marvin, 

Thank you very much for your answer, i've followed the guidelines on the notice and it worked for me, I have already tried doing so but it was the command mv /etc/sf/gch/call_home_ca /etc/sf/gch/call_home_ca.bak which made the difference!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card