cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the firepower, deploy button being inactive a license issue?

ibrahimyalcin
Level 1
Level 1

In 2021, I completed the installation of Cisco Firepower 2110 NGFW in a project and the license period was 1 year. In 2022, the license expired but my device continued to work. yesterday suddenly the internet went out, even the changes I made on the device could not be saved and processed because the deploy button was inactive. could this problem have anything to do with the license? because my device continued to work even though 1 year had passed since my license expired.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ibrahimyalcin, indeed, while your device may have continued to function after the license expiration, certain features, including the ability to deploy configuration changes, might be restricted without a valid license. Cisco Firepower typically enforces licensing constraints on specific functionalities, and the inability to save or deploy changes could be a result of the expired license. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ibrahimyalcin, indeed, while your device may have continued to function after the license expiration, certain features, including the ability to deploy configuration changes, might be restricted without a valid license. Cisco Firepower typically enforces licensing constraints on specific functionalities, and the inability to save or deploy changes could be a result of the expired license. 

Thank you for your valuable answers. now I cannot access my device in any way through the port and even ping it. as such, I will not be able to activate the license. can I have a 90-day demo license again after resetting my device?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally you cannot deploy if the policy is using any features that are unlicensed. An out-of-compliance license should work but the device itself must have licenses assigned in the device management page of FMC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card