Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on NGIPS

sir_yrwins
Level 1
Level 1

Question on NGIPS 
can someone please explain how under Transport and Network Layer the "inline normalization" work on NGIPS ?

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @sir_yrwins 

Inline normalization in NGIPS involves the process of standardizing network traffic at the Transport and Network Layers before further analysis.

As packets traverse the system, NGIPS inspects and modifies them to conform to protocol standards, preventing evasion techniques and ensuring adherence to defined specifications. This normalization addresses inconsistencies, removes unnecessary content, and reassembles fragmented payloads. By enforcing protocol compliance and preventing abuse, inline normalization enhances the NGIPS's ability to accurately identify and analyze potential threats. Subsequently, the normalized packets undergo signature-based analysis and behavioral analysis, contributing to robust intrusion prevention by maintaining a standardized and consistent representation of network traffic.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Marketing...

@sir_yrwins, if you have specific questions, we can try answer them.

Hah but classy

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

sir_yrwins
Level 1
Level 1

thank you ... that answer the question I have... 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card