cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP v3, FMC & WhatsUp Gold, Is it Possible

davsnet2000
Level 1
Level 1

We've recently implemented WhatsUP Gold using SNMP v3 on our network and as the FW engineer I've been asked if we can add the firewalls to the display by configuring the FMC v7.0.

I've attempted it, but when building the user it wants me to enter hex code for the password.  As far as I know WUG doesn't enter hex code?

I figure we won't be able to add the firewalls using the existing configuration data so how is it added if it can be?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would add an SNMP v3 user via the Device > Platform Settings > SNMP. In the dialog box there only the plain text password is required along with the other basic parameters (integrity and encryption algorithms). You then add an SNMP v3 server and tell it to use the user you created.

Ok, I've started the configuration here, but I don't see any place for group name, engineID or auth and priv passwords.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please clarify (with screenshots) what you are asking about.

FMC doesn't require group name or engineID. It does have a place to enter the auth (Authentication) and priv (Privacy also known as encryption) passwords under the SNMPv3 user parameters.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card