cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Certificate

mautez_mah
Level 1
Level 1

in Cisco ASA all VPN users accessing FW and servers  using Cisco any connect with a specific URL
I have changed URL which is recorded in Goddady, 
but once I connect the message shows certificate untrust  , 
there are some CA certificate in ASA for old URL 
How can I solve this issue , how I can I add certicate to trust new URL 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

were you able to manage get the identity cert and upload on the firewall. if you using a cert from another make sure the certificate is in pkcs12  format with private key.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@mautez_mah the FQDN of vpn.tamam.life does not match the name on the certificate, hence the error. You should change the FQDN of the ASA you connec to, to match the name on the certificate.

mautez_mah
Level 1
Level 1

@Rob Ingram 

Thanks but could you please guide me on where can I change it , or add new one 
I opened the Identity certificate on ASDM and try to add a new one But there is Value like CN , OU , I don't know what should I add here 
can you guide me plz 

@mautez_mah the current certificate is a wildcard from a completely different domain. You can either change your public DNS record from the current DNS entry vpn.tamam.life to vpn.skyband.com.sa

Or create a new certificate for vpn.tamam.life, guide here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/107956-renew-ssl.html

were you able to manage get the identity cert and upload on the firewall. if you using a cert from another make sure the certificate is in pkcs12  format with private key.

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card