cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade path for Firepower 2110

GE2
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running 7.0.6.2 on the FMC and 7.0.6.2-65 on the Threat Defense units themselves (released 4-16-24).  I'd like to continue to upgrade them but it looks like the next "Suggested release" is 7.2.5 released November 2023.  Is it going backwards to update to that release?  Are there security implications to consider?  Do I update to 7.2.5 and then even though it's not a suggested release, go to 7.2.7 (released 4-29-24)?

Sorry if this is a simple question, but the planning stages for the update process is anything but simple on these.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No.. 7.2.x train has more features and is more stable.

You want to get to 7.2.7. There was a zero-day in 7.2.5, and 7.2.6 had boot loop causing bug.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

No.. 7.2.x train has more features and is more stable.

You want to get to 7.2.7. There was a zero-day in 7.2.5, and 7.2.6 had boot loop causing bug.

Okay, I will begin the process of upgrading to 7.2.7.  Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like @Ken Stieers  said, 7.2.7 would be best for now. The gold star "suggested release" will likely move to that version next. BUT it only happens after enough customers in the field make the leap based on informed decision-making since their positive experience (or not) is one of the factors taken into consideration.

As always read the release notes and upgrade guide - Cisco does a great job on developing and publishing those resources.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card