Views
Helpful
Replies

whatsapp reconnecting issue

ahsan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

From few days i m facing whatsapp call reconnecting issue intermittent in my firewall firepower 2100. can anyone faced same issue? Once I bp-pass my firewall network to 3g or 4g it works fine.

I also configured whatsapp to be on trust from firewall policy but call reconnecting on interim bases.

please advice.

8 Replies 8

HarryCallum81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

have you tried to clear the app caches and check it again or if you are on old version WhatsApp then have tried to update it because something is similar happened to me and when do this all my problem got solved. But after doing this all if you have still a problem with WhatsApp then try to use this WhatsApp plus just for checking but use it with separate number because it is a modified version of WhatsApp and if you use it with same number your official WhatsApp account will banned. 

vuaxumu457f
Level 1
Level 1

i use yowhatsapp it works great you can try it.

I agree, I also use yo whatsapp and it works really well! You can also try it!

I personally use GB WhatsApp Pro, the latest and best-customized version of regular WhatsApp.

Dream big, work hard, and stay humble.

anniechi445
Level 1
Level 1

Check Firewall Rules and Configuration: Verify that your firewall rules allow WhatsApp-related network traffic through the firewall. Make sure the firewall configuration does not block or interfere with the normal transmission of WhatsApp calls.

sasukayyds1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry to bother you. Although this is an old thread, I'm having a very similar problem and I've tried updating my whatsapp but it just doesn't work,  I've used other apps with no problems. Can I ask you about your solution at the time?

alicepro247
Level 1
Level 1

I think to resolve WhatsApp call reconnecting issue on Firepower 2100 firewall:

Check Firewall Rules:
Ensure proper configuration for WhatsApp traffic.

Inspect Logs:
Review logs for blocked connections and errors.

Application Inspection:
Verify correct WhatsApp traffic inspection.

Firmware Updates:
Update firewall firmware and software.

QoS Settings:
Check Quality of Service settings for WhatsApp.

Temporary Bypass:
Create a temporary rule bypassing firewall for WhatsApp.

Contact Support:
If issues persist, reach out to firewall support.

Dream big, work hard, and stay humble.

h46419331
Level 1
Level 1

YoWhatsApp is a modified version of WhatsApp that offers extra features not available in the official app. It provides customization options like changing themes, fonts, and chat backgrounds, along with additional   and enhanced media sharing capabilities.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card