cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ssamiullah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

This is my recent problem i faced in my network by having loops created in network and network going shut or performence fail for some sites.

In details , my network is having two 7600 routers connected to service provider by BGP with 4 and 2 MB link respectively.I use EIGRP at my core switch ,for my internal network. Am getting routes from all my remotes sites on both links if used shutting down one router.If both routers are switched on,my both routers are learing same routes and creating loops in network and network fails.

Some how i found that i can make load balancing by using IBGP between two routers.

Couldn anyone please let me knew further detail process for same.

Sami

Comments
vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mohammed ,

How is your internal network setup ?

If you are running IBGP then to load balance you could use local preference on the edge routers ,to distribute the traffic .

Increase the Local preference for the network that you want take 4MB pipe as primary and same for the 2MB pipe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: