cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Multisite (APIC's) NDO

waleedmatter
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ACI fabric site and the Cisco Multisite established between the two spine switches to exchange the VXLAN's so my question if i need to extend vlan x by create new tenanet x and application profile x and new vrf x and epg x , can i make it manual by configure it in two sites (APIC's) or it should configure through the NDO 

another question the same results will happen if i will configure it manually  in each site (APIC's) correct?

1 Reply 1

jiarchen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

You can manually create on both sides but we always recommend configuring by using the NDO in multi-site. 

If you configure on both sides, this is simply a Layer2 extension via EPG Static Path.  Need to be cautious that without MSO/NDO you don't have any ability to limit flooding behavior between these fabrics.  NDO can help protect your fabric against flooding and benefit on making changes on both sites. 

Best Regards

Lucy

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------