Views
Helpful
Replies

Check sync result unknown

romain.guilloux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Some times after instantiate a service in NSO, I have got the following result from a check sync :

sync-result {
    device RNET-E14
    result unknown
}

Do you know what it mean ? When I have in sync or out of sync result I understand but not with that result.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sstrollo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The result unknown means that NSO doesn't have a record of a transaction id with that devices, and so it doesn't know if it is out of sync or not. Reasons for this can for example be: you have not yet done a sync-from, you have committed a change using the no-networking flag. You can look at wether a device has a transaction id recorded in NSO by show devices device <name> state if you do the last-transaction-id will tell you.

By the way, all possible return values from check-sync are documented in the file $NCS_DIR/src/ncs/yang/tailf-ncs-devices.yang, look for grouping check-sync-result.

Hope that helps!

/Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It means the device doesn't support the check-sync operation. Instead of check-sync, you can try compare-config. Slower, but always available.

sstrollo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The result unknown means that NSO doesn't have a record of a transaction id with that devices, and so it doesn't know if it is out of sync or not. Reasons for this can for example be: you have not yet done a sync-from, you have committed a change using the no-networking flag. You can look at wether a device has a transaction id recorded in NSO by show devices device <name> state if you do the last-transaction-id will tell you.

By the way, all possible return values from check-sync are documented in the file $NCS_DIR/src/ncs/yang/tailf-ncs-devices.yang, look for grouping check-sync-result.

Hope that helps!

/Sebastian