Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

We would like to installate a 15310-CL, and the 21 T1 ports need to be connected to DDF by cable "15310-LFH-AMP-10" with 2 SCSI connectors at one end. Now we can not find any company selling the T1 patch panel suitably for this Cisco cable, with at l...

Resolved! Attenuator

what's the purpose of putting anattenuator between a MUX and CE?We are seeing packet drops and suspectinghaving the attenuator could be causing itand planning to bypass the attenuator.No errors at physical leveli need this urgently.Thanks

jsheriony by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're in the process of either upgrading from an OC12 to an OC48 or adding a secondary OC12. Can anyone tell me any additional considerations I need to take into account besides card space and vt matrix space? I'm just trying to ensure I cover all ...

Resolved! EWDM connectivity

Hi all,I'm hoping I'm not the first to run into this issue.I've recently purchased 2 EWDM MUX's to use with 10Gig Xenpak interfaces stuck into ws-6704-10ge blades on 6509-E chassis'.There are three different frequency transceivers in each of the 6509...

bmcginn by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi again.I've started a conversation but it seems i haven't been so clear and , for my luck i was able to find some solutions.Anyway now i have a problem in deploying an optical ring of 3 ons 14544 sdh dwdm because i can't create rs-dcc termination.T...

We have been reading that there are two different sized fiber optic cables. One with 50 microns diameter and one with 62.5 microns. Does it matter if the run is one diameter and the patch cords are another?Is one diameter more applicable to a certa...

mlitka by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm working on Gain Spectral Hole Burning on EDFA (local compression of the Gain spectrum around a strong signal).I'm writting a repport and I wonder if somone know what this GSHB pb do in "real life" ( I mean in DWDM telecomunication system)...