Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP-10G-LRM compatible?

jturkovich
Level 1
Level 1

I want to perform upgrades part by part and would like to know if I

Can I connect a SFP-10G-LRM to a GLC-LH-SM 1gb interface over OM1 fiber atleast until I upgrade the core side of the network and the under ground fiber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, optical transceiver modules do not auto negotiate for speed.  Therefore, you cannot connect a 10Gbps interface to a 1Gbps interface.  You need to upgrade both ends before the circuit can be completed.

If you need equipment to support the intermediate step in the upgrade cycle, you might look at purchasing Cisco Refurbished Products.     

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, optical transceiver modules do not auto negotiate for speed.  Therefore, you cannot connect a 10Gbps interface to a 1Gbps interface.  You need to upgrade both ends before the circuit can be completed.

If you need equipment to support the intermediate step in the upgrade cycle, you might look at purchasing Cisco Refurbished Products.     

Thank you for the fast reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco