Views
Helpful
Replies

Single mode LC to ST adapter

Max-o_o-Power
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have a cisco 2911 and have been handed a 1000/Mb single mode fiber with an ST connector from our service provider. I am not able to find any modules that support this type of interface for our router (most of them are LC). I dont have much experience with fiber but I found an adapter that converts LC to ST (http://www.comtrol.com/pub/products/product/pid/324). Would this be a good idea? Also, would I be correct in using this type of module?

Cisco GLC-LH-SM

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's a very common use case. You should verify with your provider that their end is expecting an LH-specification laser from your end - in most cases they are but it's always good to check.

We very commonly use LC to ST (or LC to SC) jumpers between customer equipment and the patch panel where the provider's fiber is terminated, usually from the building riser or demarcation point (also known as demarc) to the outside plant.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's a very common use case. You should verify with your provider that their end is expecting an LH-specification laser from your end - in most cases they are but it's always good to check.

We very commonly use LC to ST (or LC to SC) jumpers between customer equipment and the patch panel where the provider's fiber is terminated, usually from the building riser or demarcation point (also known as demarc) to the outside plant.

Max-o_o-Power
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info Marvin. I'll probably just use a fiber jumper as you have suggested.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: