Views
Helpful
Replies

route pattern error

p.agrawal
Level 1
Level 1

when trying to add route [14-7]xxx getting error

"Invalid data is found in Route Pattern. Range is improperly defined as left side is greater then the right side"

where is mistake?

We already have route pattern [13-8]xxx

Thanks

9 Replies 9

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

The use of "[ ]" in a route pattern is to define a number range. Is it possible that your existing pattern was added while on an older version of CM? What are you trying to accomplish with the route pattern you are trying to add?

yes we did CM upgrade and need to change route pattern ? is it error message due to CM upgrade?

My guess is that you want your patterns to look like this:

1[3-8]XXX

and

1[4-7]XXX

present RP:[13-8]xxx need to devide into two [14-7]xxx and 8[0-8]xx

I was able to add 8[0-8]xx but not [14-7]xxx

Do I need to delete present RP [13-8]xxx before CM allow to add [14-7]xxx ?

you were able to add the 8[0-8] pattern because it is a valid range within the brackets. try adding my suggestion of 1[4-7]XXX and see if it works for you. If it does then delete the [13-8]XXX and add the 1[3-8]XXX and you should be good to go.

Why [14-7]xxx is not a valid range?

phone nubers are

1xxx

4xxx

5xxx

6xxx

7xxx

so 1[4-7]xxx will not solve the purpose

A valid range is a low number to a high number, example 1-9, 2-8, 3-7. The low number goes first,then the higher number. I don't see why 1[4-7]xxx won't work for you. Try searching CCO for a good dial-plan white paper for your reference.

ibutterw
Level 1
Level 1

This is a bug. The pattern [14-7] should allow digits 1,4,5,6,7. Have you opened a tac case for this?

Some combinations work, such as [14-79]. Looks as though the code is comparing the whole number on each side of the hyphen rather than individual characters.

Regards

Ian

Opened DDTS CSCeg62187 for this problem.