Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Intersight Critical Alert for Cluster Disk Capacity 76%

Hello,

We have an HyperFlex systems with 5 nodes HXAF240C-M5SX and 85TB of total storage with 59.5TB already in use (Data Replication Factor 3)In UCS Manager and Cisco HyperFlex Connect, all appears healthy, however we have a Critical Alert in Cisco Intersight, in the Hyperflex cluster health summary: "Cluster disk capacity will reach 76% in 41 days", and I need to confirm if it's a real critical alert and why?

Thanks in advance,

Omar De Souza.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's Intersight's way of of getting your attention, and getting you to address a potentially large problem, before it actually becomes a large problem

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Intersight is analyzing your current usage trends, and expects you to hit 76% utilization in the near future.

As all the converged nodes contribute to usable space, Hyperflex has to avoid scenarios where you can no longer take a node outage , such as what would be required for upgrades, etc.

Also, when the usage gets that high, you also see more aggressive cpu/i/o for the cleaner processes that are trying to remove the deleted data, still pending permanent deletion.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/hyperconverged-infrastructure/hyperflex-hx-series/white-paper-c11-744026.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/hyperconverged-infrastructure/hyperflex-hx-series/white-paper-c11-744026.html#Spaceusageseffectonperformance 

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your answer.

I understand the configuration, I would like to know why for Cisco HyperFlex Connect my system is "Healthy" (69%) and it only will show a "warning" when the capacity is 76% and why for Cisco Intersight there is a Critical Alert in red when I'm in 69%, that is a “critical alert” telling me that “in the future” the system will reach a “warning” percentage of 76%.

Omar De Souza.

Yes, that's Intersight's way of of getting your attention, and getting you to address a potentially large problem, before it actually becomes a large problem

Kirk...