Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 router module for BRI interface

Level 1
Level 1

In cisco packet tracer, for 2811 router, I am trying to identify the modules (from the module list) for BRI interface. Would anyone please suggest the name of the modules for BRI interface? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @12893 

What are you trying to accomplish on PacketTracer?  I am not sure BRI will be available. I know the PRI will be with the following module.

The NM-1E features a single Ethernet port that can connect a LAN backbone which can also support either six PRI connections to aggregate ISDN lines, or 24 synchronous/asynchronous ports.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi @12893 

What are you trying to accomplish on PacketTracer?  I am not sure BRI will be available. I know the PRI will be with the following module.

The NM-1E features a single Ethernet port that can connect a LAN backbone which can also support either six PRI connections to aggregate ISDN lines, or 24 synchronous/asynchronous ports.

Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio, Thanks for your reply. It was a generic question given in a lab document. In packet tracer, is there any router model which has modules for BRI interface?

Thank you.

Hi @12893 

It does not.  The closest you can get of ISDN would be the PRI interface mentioned  and even that will have very limited function.

PacketTracer is well suited for basic networking.

FlavioMiranda_0-1688298008293.png

Martin L
VIP
VIP

PT is excellent but a simulator with limited IOS commands and features; GNS3 or CML run on real IOS or virtual IOS; you would better chances to do your labs and routing studies with those real IOS emulators

you should try GNS3 standalone version first (then with server)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @12893

In Cisco Packet Tracer, the BRI module is not available for simulation on the 2811 router. Packet Tracer may not have support for all the available modules and interfaces that exist in real Cisco hardware.... You may only find a limited set of modules and interfaces to simulate. Unfortunately, the BRI interface module is not included in the available modules for the 2811 router simulation.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As the others have noted, PT lacks much support for features (software and hardware) found on the real hardware.  Further, PT is more of a simulator than an emulator, like the also mentioned GNS3 or CML.

Unfortunately, even a fantastic hardware emulator, might not emulate all hardware modules that might be used on the platform.

Also unfortunately, ISDN isn't quite the state-of-the-art technology, it once was.  This means, if a simulator or emulator doesn't already support the platform and its modules you want it to, for "old" technology, good chance no one will, in the future, support it.