cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN error: removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

LAAsm2012b
Level 1
Level 1

user got disconnected and no luck in reconnecting back until 10 minutes later, 

ASA    syslog shows :  removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

googled the error message, "Most Common L2L and Remote Access IPsec VPN Troubleshooting Solutions" mention this:

VPN tunnel fails to come up after moving configuration from PIX to ASA using the PIX/ASA configuration migration tool; these messages appear in the log:

[IKEv1]: Group = x.x.x.x, IP = x.x.x.x, Stale PeerTblEntry found, removing! [IKEv1]: Group = x.x.x.x, IP = x.x.x.x, Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match! [IKEv1]: Group = x.x.x.x, IP = x.x.x.x, construct_ipsec_delete(): No SPI to identify Phase 2 SA! [IKEv1]: Group = x.x.x.x, IP = x.x.x.x, Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

This issue happens since PIX by default is set to identify the connection as hostname where the ASA identifies as IP. In order to resolve this issue, use the crypto isakmp identity command in global configuration mode as shown below:

crypto isakmp identity hostname

my question is:       

1. why the user got disconnected and was able to reconnect back in 10 minutes without any modification being done on ASA?

2. what does the log error mean? if similar issue happens again, should we take action at all?

thanks.

1 Reply 1

Rahul Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my ASA firewall, this message appears every second - "unable to remove peer from the correlator table" and QM FSM error...

Need help.

Thanks

Rahul Verma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: