cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat. 6509 Error Disable Problems

jpeletz
Level 1
Level 1

I have multipul 6509's at my access layer. I am currently experiancing ports going error disabled due to late collisions. My connections to my devices are 100/full. My concern is that I have just had a 100/Half connected device go error disable with late collisions. The threshold is the Default of 5 but, the counters registered only 3 late collisions when it went error disabled. This seems like there is a problem with the switch. Does anyone know if there is a IOS Bug fix for this sensitivity problem?

Here is my switch information:

WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 5.4(3)

Copyright (c) 1995-2000 by Cisco Systems

NMP S/W compiled on May 31 2000, 20:17:28

System Bootstrap Version: 5.3(1)

System Web Interface Version: Engine: 5.1 ADP device: Cat6000 ADP Version: 1.2 A

DK: 31

Hardware Version: 2.0 Model: WS-C6509 Serial #: SCA042101MA

2 Replies 2

Michael Strnad
Level 1
Level 1

here is a good document on the errdisable. i had the same problem on a cat 6513 running 7.3(1). and it came out a bad cable on one and duplex mismatch on others. so it can be a bad cable also.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/20.html

Thank You for the information, I will be reading this tonight. I agree with the duplex mismatch causing the issue but, Looking at the device and looking at the switch port, the both match but, I have not ruled out that some one is not telling the truth. My concern is that I expected to see the error counter at 5 or greater and not less.....