cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5520 Webvpn peer license.

jesilraj12345
Level 1
Level 1

How can i downgrade the webvpn peer license from 50 to 2.

I have two firewall with same model ASA5520 and when i am trying to configure failover, it gives error as

"Mate license(2webvpn peer) is not compatible with my license(50 webvpn peer). Fail over will be disabled."

Please help me to resolve the issue

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot - unless you have the original activation key.

However you must be running an old ASA software version. Since 8.3.1 they have not required identical licenses. You should consider upgrading the software to something released in the past 5 years or so.

View solution in original post

If your 5520 is still running 7.2 it is a very old one and would probably require memory upgrade to get to 8.4.

In that case, you cannot mate them without matching licenses. If you have TAC support, they may be able to issue and activation key that will put the 50 license unit back to factory default (2 license).

The current equivalent license type is AnyConnect Apex. If you purchase 50 of those, they can be installed on multiple ASAs as the product is licensed per unique user, regardless of the ASA serving the session.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot - unless you have the original activation key.

However you must be running an old ASA software version. Since 8.3.1 they have not required identical licenses. You should consider upgrading the software to something released in the past 5 years or so.

Hi Marvin,

Whether i can go for 7.2 to 8.2 and 8.2 to 8.4 .Or else which way should i proceed.

Thanks

If your 5520 is still running 7.2 it is a very old one and would probably require memory upgrade to get to 8.4.

In that case, you cannot mate them without matching licenses. If you have TAC support, they may be able to issue and activation key that will put the 50 license unit back to factory default (2 license).

The current equivalent license type is AnyConnect Apex. If you purchase 50 of those, they can be installed on multiple ASAs as the product is licensed per unique user, regardless of the ASA serving the session.

Marvin,

Thank you for the solution.