Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Design Best Practices, Avoid channel interference

I am working on wireless network design for guest (Aruba) and staff(Cisco) network with below details.

1. Introduction to wireless setup:
  • The wireless network comprise of Staff network (Cisco Aps) and Guest network (Aruba Aps).
  • Around 7 Aps per floor for guest and staff network
  • Guest network Site survey/AP location: similar like Staff network
  • Guest and Staff network APs are around 2 to 3 meters away from each other
  1. Risks
  • We are concerned about the noise and channel interface
  • Due to building regulation, it is not easy to relocate the Access Points
  • unfortunately the equipment is already procured, cabling and AP mounting is already done and Guest/Staff APs are around 2 to 3 meter away from each other

1. Solution

We need to find solution from configuration point of view. Please check which solution is valid and recommend another solution if needed.

• Solution option1 (Automatic Dynamic Channel Assignment)
    • I assume that controllers are intelligent devices and both Aruba and Cisco controller will manage the channel interference. Controllers will change the channels if there is any interference.

• Solution option2 (Distribute channels between Aruba and Cisco network):
    • Cisco/Staff will use 3 channels 1, 6 and 11 in 2.4 GH band for wireless AP transmission. Aruba/Guest will be using other overlapping channels (from 1 to 14. except 1, 6 and 11) 
    • Cisco/Staff will use channels in UNII1(36, 40, 44 and 48) and UNII-3(149, 153, 157 and 161) 5 GH band for wireless AP transmission. Aruba/Guest will be using UNII2 channels in 5 GH.

@experts; please confirm if this is valid approach and has no drawbacks or limitations

• Solution option3 (propose any other best practice solution):

Please also provide other best practices that should be considered in the design.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate thread. 

Kindly post all response(s) into the main thread (HERE).

@Leo Laohoo

i understand that and unfortunately i was not involved on the project from day 1. Any way, I am expecting for a solution response but not chit chat. There are other forums where we can do chit chat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: