Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Design Best Practices, Avoid channel interference

I am working on wireless network design for guest (Aruba) and staff(Cisco) network with below details.

1. Introduction to wireless setup:
  • The wireless network comprise of Staff network (Cisco Aps) and Guest network (Aruba Aps).
  • Around 7 Aps per floor for guest and staff network
  • Guest network Site survey/AP location: similar like Staff network
  • Guest and Staff network APs are around 2 to 3 meters away from each other
  1. Risks
  • We are concerned about the noise and channel interface
  • Due to building regulation, it is not easy to relocate the Access Points
  • unfortunately the equipment is already procured, cabling and AP mounting is already done and Guest/Staff APs are around 2 to 3 meter away from each other

1. Solution

We need to find solution from configuration point of view. Please check which solution is valid and recommend another solution if needed.

• Solution option1 (Automatic Dynamic Channel Assignment)
    • I assume that controllers are intelligent devices and both Aruba and Cisco controller will manage the channel interference. Controllers will change the channels if there is any interference.

• Solution option2 (Distribute channels between Aruba and Cisco network):
    • Cisco/Staff will use 3 channels 1, 6 and 11 in 2.4 GH band for wireless AP transmission. Aruba/Guest will be using other overlapping channels (from 1 to 14. except 1, 6 and 11) 
    • Cisco/Staff will use channels in UNII1(36, 40, 44 and 48) and UNII-3(149, 153, 157 and 161) 5 GH band for wireless AP transmission. Aruba/Guest will be using UNII2 channels in 5 GH.

@experts; please confirm if this is valid approach and has no drawbacks or limitations

• Solution option3 (propose any other best practice solution):

Please also provide other best practices that should be considered in the design.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate thread. 

Kindly post all response(s) into the main thread (HERE).

@Leo Laohoo

i understand that and unfortunately i was not involved on the project from day 1. Any way, I am expecting for a solution response but not chit chat. There are other forums where we can do chit chat.