cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks2000 User Roles

lkcameron
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to modify existing role permissions or to create user-defined roles within CiscoWorks 2000.

None of the roles that exist by default are able to meet the requirements that we need, Hence we would like to be able to modify and existing role, or better yet create a new role tailored to our needs.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes, could you please point me in the right direction.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Lyle Cameron

4 Replies 4

I haven't checked again recently, but when I last looked at this (I think it was on LMS v2.1), you couldn't create your own user levels. I would be surprised if this has changed, so I think you are out of luck just as we were.

I agree with you that it would be useful to be able to do this though.

Pete

a.olsthoorn
Level 1
Level 1

Lyle,

In the next release (LMS 2.5 planned for end 2004) self defined user roles will be possible using Secure ACS 3.3. I did not see this working, it was recently presented by Cisco in Amsterdam.

Regards,

Ad Olsthoorn

With a little less than 2 months to go til the end of the year, has anyone any news about the new version? Or has it been postponed ?

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

No, the user roles are fixed and cannot be modified currently. Next release will have more flexibility for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco