cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable CISCO-GENERAL-TRAPS "TcpConnectionClose".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.0.1

kwengenfu
Level 1
Level 1

I want to disable this trap for 3550 , but what is the command ? I try to use the following command but failed

no snmp-server enable traps

Any suggestion ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I think they are sent by

snmp-server host .... tty

command.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I think they are sent by

snmp-server host .... tty

command.

Regards,

Milan

Yes, Thanks for your help, command is

for 3550 (Ommit tty, syslog)

snmp-server host A.B.C.D bgp bridge cluster config copy-config entity envmon flash hsrp mac-notification port-security rtr snmp stpx vlan-membership vlancreate vlandelete vtp

for 35XX, 29XX(Ommit tty, syslog)

snmp-server host A.B.C.D bridge c2900 cluster config entity hsrp mac-notification snmp vlan-membership vtp

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Does "no snmp-server enable traps tty" help?

Thanks,

do not support "tty" and "x25" .

For More Info, see "Cisco IOS SNMP Traps Supported and How to Configure Them"

where do you see this traps, on LMS or NNM? If its NNM its probably esieast to set them to "dont`t log or display"

I see those traps using Sniffer, and then I set NNM to display those(default is don't log or display).

You may ask why ?

Accourding to sniffer result, This type of trap is "Top one trap" in my company now. and it is no use for us.

Disable such trap ,decrease total trap count.

As you cannot turn this trap off alone, I would ask myself what the reason is. I can hardly imaging that it is normal behaviour that this one is the top one. Perhaps there is a management application causing these traps. Or are you opening and closing tty sessions to your 3550s such often?-then you really just have to live with it or turn it off for special sources... :-(

regards,

Martin

Dear Martin:

If you are interesting in this case you can mail to kwengenfu@ebtelco.com to get more Info.

I think this is CMS application causing such traps(I am not sure now).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: