cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

etherchannel config on 3750 daisy-chained switches

netman2k5
Beginner
Beginner

please someone help with the following situation: I got 3 each 3750-48 port switches daisy chained together. Console into switch 1 (master) and see all of other 2 switches. Following config works on switch 1:

interface range GigabitEthernet1/0/47 - 48

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk encap dot1q

switchport trunk allow vlan all

channel-group 5 mode desirable

but similar config to interface Gi2/0/47 - 48 , it complains about the statement "channel-group 5 mode desirable". Got meesage saying that it should be on the same switch so I console into switch 2 but same problem. Am I missing something here ? thanks for all help.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
Advisor
Advisor

Are you just trying to channel G2/0/47-48 ??? If so set up a second channel group such as 6 to feed those two . Don't know if there are restrictions of say creating an etherchannel across stacked switches but I almost think there is . Just try a different channel group , you have the same one on both setups.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your help, I will try it tomorrow when I'm on site. Have a good evening.

netman2k5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers