cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have users connecting to a PC via a PIX using Windows Terminal Services..

rowleyt1
Level 1
Level 1

They come from the internet through our T1, go through the PIX, and hit our PC via Terminal Services and are able to connect ok. They then bring up the Cisco VPN Client to connect out to a VPN concentrator via the same T1 they came in on. This VPN connection fails however and the user never gets prompted for a login/password. It just sits there saying "authenticating user" and never prompts the user for the login. One IMPORTANT thing to note however, is that I can go to the PC locally and connect using Cisco VPN Client via the PIX and T1. I just am not able to do this remotely.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone ever done something similar to this before? If so, did they have a similar problem?

2) What could be causing this? It is as if the windows terminal services connection is interferring with the VPN connection attempt..

Again, the VPN connection comes up if I initiate it locally from the PC going out through the PIX and across the T1.

Any help would be great!!

1 Reply 1

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

You say it works when you are physically behind the PC but not via a Remote Desktop connection that you initiate from outside the LAN.

Have you tried to connect using a RDP connection from the same LAN as where the PC is located, hence not using the PIX for the RDP connection?

This is a possibility to eliminate the PC&software as a possible cause for the problem. If it works from anywhere on the LAN, we should check the PIX config.

Regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: