cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicasts w/Redundant links using tunnel interfaces problems....

gmarkaj
Level 1
Level 1

I have two separate routers w/2 separate multicast lan sources streaming data....I run into trouble when I bring up a new redundant link that adds a second route to the same multicast source router...being that the second route has the higher IP address...RPF prunes out the wanted route and sends the stream down the other path which drops the packets....When I create a tunnel interface from the first source and send it to the root router, add a default Mroute back to the first source router, bring up the redundant link, everything works...the main problem is that the default Mroute points back to the first source router which kills the multicasts from the second source router. I thought of putting in static Mroutes in for the second source router but haven't had a chance to try it yet...does anyone have any suggestions?..I can provide a diagram if need be..

Greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Michael Strnad
Level 1
Level 1

when you create the mroute it has to either point to the source tunnel ip address and your routing protcol has equal paths to it, or you just can point the mroute out its own tunnel instead ip. but doyle give a great example in his routing tcp/ip vol.2 book. hope this helps. if it doesn't provide the diagram.