cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 and Switch DHCP pool troubleshooting.

刘冰
Level 1
Level 1
Good Night,

My case is the following. I have a WRP400 that connects to a Cisco Switch, and DHCP is defined in that switch, so I disable the DHCP that is in the WRP.

However when I deactivate the DHCP in the WRP and try to connect a device to the ports of the WRP, the PC does not grab DHCP from the Cisco switch where the pool is defined.

What configuration do I apply for the WRP so then I can get DHCP from the pool of the Switch?

I remain attentive and thank you very much.

Best regards,
Luis Solera Alfaro.

3 Replies 3

Hello

may i ask why you are wanting the switch to service dhcp and not the router?

does the switch have a L3 interface associated with the dhcp scope?

can you post the configuration of the switch please 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Good Night Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I also thought why it isn't defined on the Main Router, but the topology or the network was not designed by me nor my co-workers. 

By some security policies I can't send you the whole configuration but I can send how the port is configured.

By the way I'm sorry I confused something. The WRP 400 is connected to a Switch Huawei and then that switch is connected to a Switch Core where the pool was made.

#Switch Huawei - Port Configuration - Where the WRP is connected to.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12
description WRP204
voice-vlan 90 enable
port hybrid pvid vlan 204
port hybrid tagged vlan 90
port hybrid untagged vlan 204
stp edged-port enable

#Cisco Switch Core C3560 (v12.2) - DHCP Configuration 

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.24.1 10.10.24.10

!

ip dhcp pool P2-APT4
network 10.10.24.0 255.255.255.0
default-router 10.10.24.1
dns-server 4.2.2.2 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

!

interface Vlan204
description P2-APT4
ip address 10.10.24.1 255.255.255.0
!

There is a Voice pool but is correctly defined on the main router.

I don't know if you need something else.

Best regards,

Luis Solera.

Hello

Can you post the running configuration of the Huawei and cisco together please or at least their interface config connecting them together?

Does the Huawei  have mgt address applied to it?

Cisco-
sh int trunk
sh vlan brief
sh ip int brief

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul