Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot login inside Cisco 2811 router after "no password-recovery" configured

Samrat Bose
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I need a help. I'm using a Cisco 2811 with c2800nm-advsecurityk9 Version 15.1(4)M9. Initially when I got the router from that time itself Ctrl+Pause/Break sequence was not working to interrupt the booting process.

Now I've configured no password-recovery command but forgot to create any users inside the device. Inside line console 0, I've mentioned login local.

Now the problem is after the router boots up I'm unable to go inside. Also while booting Ctrl+Pause/Break is not working. Even I tried with Ctrl+B that too fails.

However, I've removed the Compact Flash and tried rebooting (as in normal cases it takes me inside the rommon 1> mode) but that also fails by showing the following message

Readonly ROMMON initialized

PASSWORD RECOVERY FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED

Compact Flash:not present

c2811 processor with 524288 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC enabled

My ROMMON version is System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(1r) [hqluong 1r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Now in this ROMMON mode can you please suggest (anybody here) how to send the break sequence

Kindly advise me somebody how to recover the password in this scenario or how can I bypass the startup-config so that I can login and continue with the remaining configuration.

Thanks.

Samrat Bose.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go HERE.

Please try to understand, I'm not able to login even to the > mode. So how will I follow the instructions given there in that site.