Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Rules cannot be Reordered on RV260

Cang_Household
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I bought a RV260 VPN router for home use and the unit runs satisfactorily until I tried to reorder the Access Rules under Firewall.

After clicking the up and down arrows to reorder the rules and click "Apply," the router web management page gave me an error "System communication failed." The page refreshes and the reorder is undone. When I tried to change other settings on the router after receiving this message, all other settings seem to be not working. Every setting I tried to save thereafter gave me "System communication failed."

I have no idea but to reset the router. The problem seems gone until I reorder the Access Rules again.

I swapped the firmware version back to 1.0.0.14 from 1.0.0.17, it does not resolve the problem.

This problem seems to affect all revisions of the firmware and all RV260 and RV160 series router.

I might need to return the router if I cannot reorder the Access Rules.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that aware of this issue any one in the Forum, good test you have done worth opening as bug,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you.

I don't have a service contract. Can somebody open this issue as a bug? Really, if I cannot resolve this issue, then how do I manage the Firewall effectively?

One workaround would be deleting the previous rule which I intended to override, then add the inferior rules afterward.

I saw lots of WiFI issues associated with RV260W, luckily I did not purchase the wireless mode. I am contend to use a Verizon router as a switch and access point combo.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One question why do you need to re-arrange FW rules?

Generally, FW rules are top-to-bottom, Bottom with Big number has Deny deny Always? you can insert the number if you like or override to top rule with another top rule?

BB

I think this is also a very helpful workaround.

I would still like to see these buttons work.CIsco Arrowkey.PNG

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes i am sure we expect to work as intended,  unfortunatly if cisco SMB team can see and make as bug, they do take action soon.

BB