Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Router for Bandwidth capping upto 300 users

anilrangra
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community members,

I am new into network administration, i want a CISCO router with 6 ports.

from which i will use 2 for WAN(1 port with 15Mbps main & other with 4Mbps backup link) and 4 for LAN. I also want to configure bandwidth cap on LAN ports i.e. LAN 1- 2Mbps, LAN2-Mbps, LAN 3- 4Mbps & LAN 4- remaining Bandwidth speed of My WAN Link.  

The Number of users we are going to have at least 100 always & maximum 300. 

Will you please help me out that which router will be a better choice and same configuration can be possible.

Thanks

Anil

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  What is your budget? 

2.  What is the WAN speed?

Dear Laohoo, 

1. Actually we have checked for Cisco 1905,1921 & 1941, and these router are in our budget.

2. 15Mbps on WAN 1 & 4 Mbps on WAN2.

1900 should support that WAN bandwidth.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

For 19 Mbps of bandwidth, Cisco recommends about a 1941.  See attachment for all the details.