Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 800 Series (CISCO887VA-K9) changing ISP IP and Username/Password

SteveB64565
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a CISCO887VA-K9 router which was configured by a previous IT Manager.  I have never needed to interface with the unit before and I don't have any manuals

Our Internet Service Provider has given me updated IP and login credentials for their service and I need to update the router to reflect these.

I have connected to the console port on the back of the unit and can get the "?" listing of commands, but none of them seem terribly relevant to what I need to do.

Does anyone know the menu/command sequence to get to the point where you input the ISP IP/Login credentials?

Thanks!

Steve

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In whatever scenario and or what you are trying to do you  will probably need administrative and or privileged access to the switch , if these credentials are not known - here is a password recovery procedure :

https://www.frimley-computing.com/password-recovery-for-cisco-800-series-routers/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: