cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Enable Wake On Lan over the Internet??

raymnghkhk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am using RV220W with the latest firmware, I want to make "Wake on LAN" work for my NAS, I found the following description on Internet:

"If you wish to use Wake On Lan over the internet you will need to set up your destination firewall/router to allow "Subnet Directed Broadcasts". Most routers and firewalls disable this option by default.

You will then need to allow traffic through on your firewall/router on a specific port. The choice of ports is up to you."

So how can I enable "Subnet Directed Broadcasts" on RV220W??

Thanks.

Raymond

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Raymond,

You are talking about a feature that is supported and allowed to change only in our Enterprise level group routers. In the Small Business routers we have certain limitations; this is what separates small business from enterprise. That being said, the way i use WOL. I have a server behind my network they stay on 24/7. I generally log into my server via RDP and use my wake-on-lan generator to send to my NAS. This may or may not work for your situation.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:..

Hi Jasbryan,

If RV220W doesn't forward UDP to a broadcast address, could you ( i.e. Cisco) provide a tools for sending WOL Magic Packet to the LAN on Router Device Manager page?

I see many routers also provide this tools from their manager page.

Thanks.

Raymond

fatfafaau
Level 1
Level 1

i need wol on rv220w too