cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISA550 and multiple subnets?

rodman.frowert
Level 1
Level 1

Just picked up a ISA550 and have been playing around with it a bit but seem to be having some trouble.  I have two LAN subnets in my small business with approx 10 hosts per subnet.  I'd like to use the ISA550 to route between them (and to the internet) but can't seem to figure out how.  Is it just as simple as creating two VLANS?  Can the ISA550 route VLAN traffic?

With my old RV042G, I had the option to setup multiple subnets inside the setup menu but I don't see any such area with the 550.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

> Is it just as simple as creating two VLANS?  Can the ISA550 route VLAN traffic?

Yes, and Yes. Once a VLAN is created, you could configure its IP subnet. ISA550 supports inter-VLAN routing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

> Is it just as simple as creating two VLANS?  Can the ISA550 route VLAN traffic?

Yes, and Yes. Once a VLAN is created, you could configure its IP subnet. ISA550 supports inter-VLAN routing.

Great! I got it setup and working with that info!

Hi Rodman!

I have the same Issue. How did you solve the problem ?

Each port is configurable.  So you just need to create a VLAN name and IP/Subnet for each port.

For example, if you only have two subnets then you would do this:

Port 1 IP address/network mask - 192.168.1.0/24
VLAN  name for Port 1 - office_network

Port 2 IP address/network mask - 192.168.2.0/24
VLAN name for Port 2 - server_network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: