cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys RVS400 router firmware update

tyler0009
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Linksys RVS4000 that has not had its firmware updated since we bought it.  We are running version 1.1.09.  Our internet is going down often and we have to continually restart the router, as it is usually the problem.

How do I update the firmware to the latest version? Where do I find this update? Will I have to incrementally update since we are so far behind?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Ramrodzergy
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a link to download the firmware:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414013&softwareid=282465789&release=1.3.3.6

No need for incremental updates. This should preserve your settings but you may want to write them down just in case.

There are more recent versions however it looks like your router is version 1, a version 2 firmware won't work on it.

To upgrade you download the file then login to the router usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your web browser. Login default is admin/admin

There will be several tabs 1 of which will either be administrator or system management the option you will be looking for is Firmware upgrade. Click the button that says browse and select the file you downloaded then click upgrade. Give it some time to work. Don’t unplug it until it has finished. It should only take a minute or 2.

~chris