Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-WAN on RV340W (Starlink+FTTH): WANs do not resume automatically

I am using an RV340W connected to Starlink (dishy direct, no Starlink router) on WAN1 and an FTTH ONT on WAN2. Load balancing works as expected, static routes also work and I can access the admin page for the Starlink terminal connected to WAN1, both interfaces have traffic and life is good... BUT, if one the routes go down (fail-over works and all traffic is diverted to the other WAN), when the route comes back up (i.e. Starlink or FTTH become functional again) the RV340W does not automatically resume the connection, regardless of whether the Network Service Detection on each WAN is set to the Default Gateway or a remote host like 4.2.2.2.

Interestingly, if I manually change the destination detection for the dropped WAN (i.e. from Default Gateway to 4.2.2.2 or vice-versa) THEN the RV340W polls the port, discovers the route is alive, marks is as up on the GUI and traffic resumes as expected.

Is there some setting I am missing where I can define how often the WANs are polled for Network Service Detection when DOWN? Changing the retry count and/or timeout for the Network Service Detection doesn't seem to make any difference.

Router is running 1.0.03.28

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: