Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Radius

is.service.desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This may be a dumb question, but I'm wondering if it is possible to authenticate wireless clients through an IPSec VPN tunnel to a radius server located in my data center?  I'm using a RV120W router, and i'd like to install it at a branch office, but use my radius server at head office to authenticate wireless clients...

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Chris,

No questions are dump, but yeah it should work, everything is done via IP so as long routing is correct it should work.

Jasbryan.

Bump!

So I did some further experimenting and I can't seem to get this to work... although after doing much research on here and other forums it appears to be a common problem - for some reason the radius traffic originates only on the WAN interface of the router... and never makes it to the internal Radius server.    Apparently in IOS there is a way to configure the source interface for radius traffic, but I don't see anyway to do this with the RV120W.   This is kind of silly, because it doesn't make sense for the radius traffic to go out onto the WAN - it should really either be on the LAN interfaces or over the VPN tunnel (for obvious security reasons).  Common Cisco! this should be a simple fix!!