Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN not working on Win8.1

david-giant
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I connect cisco RV-110W from swissland to taiwan with quickVPN on win7 it's work fine ,

but win 8.1 could not working , see attached picture file

1 Reply 1

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm very sorry you are having issues with the unit.

First of all I want to let you know that Windows 8 and above is not supported for QUICKVPN and it is very likely that it won't work.

We do have a few options to see if we can make it work.

1- The error message you see indicates that the VPN connection was actually established but the last connectivity test failed. The likely reasons for this is that you either have a strong antivirus software (Symantec or McAffee internet security or any other antivirus software that has real time shields) and it is blocking the connection, or there is another software that is already using the needed ports for the VPN to work correctly.

If the issue is a firewall, then disabling it completely should allow you to connect.

If it is another software then you will have to find t (not easy to do), the main thing is that whatever the software is, it could be using ports up 500 and/or 4500.

2- If you are unsuccessful with the previous options, then there is a workaround.

This router supports QuickVPN as well as PPTP VPN. The latter is supported for windows 8 and above and it works very well. 

If you feel inclined to do so, you could configure the PPTP VPN connection on the router and connect to it from your windows PC using PPTP.

Here is an article that explains how to configure the PPTP VPN on the router:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=a0dcfadaf1bd44339ae64c16334c634c_Configuring_PPTP_on_RV110W.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search

I hope this helps.