cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Firmware flash utility

benhayes
Level 1
Level 1

Where has this tool gone? I have tried to flashing the RV042 it by telnetting to the router but it does not seem to work. It accepts the flash but afterward it still gives a solid diag light, no dhcp and no web utility access. I would like to try the utiliy if you could provide a working link to it or another solution.

Thanks

Ben

3 Replies 3

benhayes
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to get this working. I found a copy of the flash utility here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/routers/ps9923/ps9925/RV042_Firmware.zip

I could not find it anywhere on the cisco site but the DDWRT wiki had a link to it.

Here is what I did. Assign the PC an IP of 192.168.1.5

Hold down the reset button with the power unplgged on the RV042.

Plug the unit in while still holding the reset button, after 4-5 seconds when the orange diag is flashing let go of the reset button,the router is ready to receive the TFTP

Run the RV042_1.3.7.2_050727.exe (TFTP upgrade utility)

Router will reboot when it is finished. When access has now been restored.

I spent 5 hours searching for this flash last night and it is not found anywhere on the cisco/linksys sites by searching.

I was able to flash the most current firmware through the web utility after this. There is no visual indication when you click upgrade so it appears like nothing is happeneing but just wait for the confirmation that it is done.

Ben

Thanks. I have just recoveried my RVS4000 with this way

roman.buerkle
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing with the same problem. DIAG LED is blinking and want to the flash utility.

But I should have the firmware 1.3.7.2 (Run the RV042_1.3.7.2_050727.exe (TFTP upgrade utility)).

Can any body help me and provide me with this?

Thx for help in advance

all the Best