cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G "out of memory" when using VPN

kaetemi__
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently purchased a brand new RV042G VPN router, set it up, and had it running for a while without issues.

Now that we are actually trying to use the VPN functionality, the router becomes unstable after a while, showing "out of memory" lines in the logs, and after a day or two the VPN stops working completely and the web interface becomes completely inaccessible.

This issue happens when using any sort of VPN that's supported by the router.

1 Reply 1

newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am having similar issues with an RV042G.  I don't see any "out of memory" lines in the logs, but I am experiencing the web interface becoming inaccessible (though the router itself continues to work).  The only way to regain web interface access is to power cycle the router.

It seems the router was fine until I started inputting usernames and passwords into the VPN Client page.  I am still troubleshooting, but if my symptoms continue to correlate with yours, I'll reply back.  Otherwise, I'll start my own thread.

Have you gotten any help from Cisco or other resources yet?

Edit:  Each time my web interface locked up, it was when I was adjusting the Log settings and hitting Save.  So I probably have a different problem than you.  Best of luck with yours.

Best,

Tim