cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 - Is there a way for me to stop the router from resetting the system statistics every 24 hours?

ray_buckland
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to collect accumulated statistics over several days, but the router seems to be resetting the counters to zero every 24hours or so.

I cannot find how (if) I can turn that off so the counters keep going.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The bytes count on the statistics page is a 32-bit counter that rolls back to 0 when the count reaches 2^32 bytes. You might need to take samples of this counter hourly and use a graphing software to take this discontinuity into account.

View solution in original post

Alternatively, one can go for a 64-bit counter implmentation so the counter can last much longer before it resets to 0.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The bytes count on the statistics page is a 32-bit counter that rolls back to 0 when the count reaches 2^32 bytes. You might need to take samples of this counter hourly and use a graphing software to take this discontinuity into account.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm surprised that this limitation exists on a device that is being marketed as a small business / branch office solution.

I am sure that a log of daily statistics would be useful to most business users to manage their network.

May I respectfully request that in a future release of the microcode, the counters are saved to a time stamped log file before they roll over to zero.

Alternatively, one can go for a 64-bit counter implmentation so the counter can last much longer before it resets to 0.

Yes, 64bit makes sense, and writing out to a log file too so that trending analysis is possible.

If the developers are listening... please let's have this guys, it would be such a useful addition to the features of the RV082.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: