Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Multiple Public Static IPs

mpknemo01
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

We have an RV082 and will soon upgrade to a service from our ISP where we will get a range of external IP adresses. Here are the details we got from our ISP:

Net address    XX.XXX.157.0
IP range start    XX.XXX.157.2
IP range end    XX.XXX.157.6
Gateway    XX.XXX.157.1
DNS 1    XX.XXX.128.2
DNS 2    XX.XXX.128.3
Net mask    255.255.255.248
Broadcast    XX.XXX.157.7

How do I configure the RV082 to hand out these addresses to our applications (point to point VPN from dedicated device, sFTP server, office lan) so that each get one of the external IP addresses, is it even possible at all with the RV082?

Any input is most appriciated.

Thanks

Markus

5 Replies 5

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for contacting Cisco,

The RV082 supports the one-to-one NAT function.  Thus, you can configure external IP addresses to access internal IP addressed devices.

Page 51 in the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Best Regards,

anlee3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mpknemo01,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business Forums. My name is Andrew and I am an eSupport Content Developer in the Small Business Support Community. As Michael Swenson said, it seems you are looking for the One-to-One Network Address Translation (NAT) feature that will map public IP addresses to private IP addresses connected to the RV082. We have an article that guides you through configuring One-to-One Network Address Translation (NAT) on the RV082.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=9c994cc0865c446489cde9aeaf990c49_One_to_One_NAT_on_a_RV042.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

Thank you Andrew and Michael,

I expect our ISP to deliver the connection within a week or so, I will then start test with configurations and explore one to one NAT feature.

Thanks

Markus

Hi.  We have used one-to-one nat for a long time successfully on our RV082 router using the public external IP range on WAN 1 and routing to internal i.p. addresses.

Now, we are trying to add one-to-one nat routing using the external public i.p. for WAN 2 and it does not seem to work.

Is there any difference in one-to-one nat between wan 1 and wan 2?

Thanks!

Hello Ssteketee:

Can you please create this thread in a new post? That way it will get more visiibility.

Thanks

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: