Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W using Lan Only

generalhelp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a RV110W and wanted to use it as an access point and VPN server.

I am no network pro but work in IT and I've been playing with this all night with no success.

I would like to use the wireless and VPN but only using the LAN side of the unit as I already have a router with all my port forwarding and setting setup.

If I use the WAN connection (using static and port forwarding) I can get VPN connections but I am unable to get a VPN connection using the LAN side.

Is this right or am I missing something?

Also when I have WAN (192.168.2.2) and LAN (192.168.10.1) connected and VPN connected (10.0.0.1) the VPN access can not see any of the 192.168.2.x IPs is this because it is the external port?

Ideally as I said I would like one connection to LAN 1 which will carry my Wireless connections as a AP (DHCP etc will be handeled by my router) and also to process the VPN connections and allow access to the network once authed.

Any help would be great

Thanks

2 Replies 2

generalhelp
Level 1
Level 1

Oh forgot to mention I only want PPTP VPN connections

Hi, VPN is not supported using the LAN ports. Those are basically switch ports. You would have to use the WAN port for any VPN connectivity.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: