cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 - Can't configure remote logging via email

becherovka
Level 1
Level 1

When I attempt to configure my RV 180 for remote logging via email I get this error message: Test mail delivery failed

I used these settings:

Server: smtp.comcast.net

Port: 587

Authentication: I tried "Password Plain" and "CRAM-MD5"

I supplied my email user account name, password, email return address and a recipient address. I verified that these settings work using Mozilla Thunderbird.

Does anyone know if this feature works?

3 Replies 3

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Robert McGuirk,

This feature should work as far as I know.

Have you tried using the recommened SMTP Port Number 465 for comcast email?

Hi Joshua,

I just tried port 465 and got the same error as with port 587.

I know that port 587 works with the Comcast email server, because I verified that with the Thunderbird email client.

Can you try this and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,

Bob

Joshua,

I'm having the same problem. I've configured Remote Logging without  authentication to the SMTP server. I am able to send the system summary from the Email system summary link from the Sytem Summary page (link below). (https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/platform.cgi?page=routerStatus.htm#)

But the logs never email no matter what setting I use in Send E-Mail Logs by Schedule. If I try to email the logs manually, as well as if they are attempted to be emailed by schedule, I get the following error in the system log:

Wed Jan  1 12:12:12 2014(PST) [RV180][System][NONE] Could not execute the smtpClient. adpCmdExec failed. Exiting.

My RV180 firmware version is 1.0.3.10

Please help!