Hi Richard, I have personally seen this many times in many different forms. It is usually how your browser / computer handles Java. The router does work fine for IE 9, but, there are instances when it won't work for a person because of some setting within the browser or not having everything fully updated.
For the IE if you can't make it work for your life, you can use the compatability view. Mozilla Firefox is usually a very solid alternative to IE. It handles all of our product Java much better and really I'm not sure I've ever seen Mozilla not work.
-Tom Please rate helpful posts
Please mark answered for helpful posts
I did try compatibility view without any luck and the config page is also set as a trusted site. Java scripts are allowed and AxtiveX filtering is off.
Simply upgrading to fw 126.96.36.199 required a reset to factory defaults which is why I'm having to set up my VLANs all over again. Having changed back to IE8, I now find that I can't add a second VLAN to matter what I do. I'll post this new behaviour in a thread.
I can't even begin to put into words (without swearing profusely on this forum) what a nightmare this router has been over the past year. To add insult to injury, I've never been able to use it for the primary reason I bought it: VPN!
Tom, thanks very much for the offer to help with the VPN. I'll get a summary together of methods I tried and post a new thread as a starting point.
If I remember correctly: 1) QuickVPN caused BSOD on Win 7 2) PPTP had inherent security flaws 3) SSL had issues on 64bit Win 7 4) iPsec policies quite complex
I must admit, throwing VLANs into the mix didn't make matters any easier.
As far as this thread goes, it started successfully saving new rows on the VLAN Membership screen (using IE8) after I made changes elsewhere in the configuration. I narrowed it down to Disabling the Wifi Radio or Adding a new User ... although neither makes any sense.